Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Three Songs of Carl Sandburg, June 5, 2007

I was very fortunate to have the opportunity for my Three Songs of Carl Sandburg to be performed again, sung again by soprano Sofia Dimitrova. The concert was presented at Saint Peter's Church in midtown Manhattan, under the auspices of the New York Composers Circle.

Here are several pics (click to enlarge) from the evening. First, there's Sofia chatting with her mother and grandmother before the concert (with me chiming in on the right.)

Then I am addressing the audience before the performance, saying a word or two about the piece. Followed by Sofia singing (and the tip of my head visible at the piano).

Last, the reception after the concert, with 2004 Pulitzer Prize Winner Paul Moravec in the red shirt on the right. His Vita Brevis was performed by soprano Tiffany DuMouchelle with Julie McBride on piano.

It was a terrific concert; many thanks to all for their support at the concert!

No comments: