Saturday, October 25, 2008

Presentation at Mannes

I decided to change the title of my lecture to something that was more appropriate to the matter at hand: "Questions my Composition Teacher Never Asked Me." I'm glad to say I had a great turnout, and I'm positive I helped my audience think about music in new ways.



Look for a reprise of this lecture in March, 2009, when it will be presented by the New York Composers Circle. In the meantime, here are some pics from last Wednesday's presentation (click for larger view), in which I'm making a point about Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.

(Thanks Sofia for the pictures!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those of us thousands of miles from NYC (and therefore unable to attend) would certainly love to read an outline or summary of the challenging, provocative questions you asked the audience.